Saturday, May 26, 2012

in pictures

school is done, my grants are submitted and here i am with 3 days with a short to do list before i start my summer adventures. ive been lacking pictures lately so here are some from the last few months. 

THINGS I SAW WITH MY EYES. 
 in the beginning of may i went on this amazing jewish tour of bratslav. i knew there was a rich history but it blew my mind. this is part of the old jewish cemetery. 


 my lovely easter paska (easter bread) clearly my love for icing and sprinkles couldnt wait til after i took a picture.
 the lovely spread for our passover seder
happy bday kristin! cake from a box and icing from a can! delicious! oh and a shot of whiskey. pretty much america. 

 we had a miss school pageant. with 3 contestants. and 1 of their tasks was sewing a button...
a view from my friend cait's site. 
 11th form graduation. they dance with their parents/teachers. 
the beautiful park in uman 
 i got my kids to do an art exchange with kids from all over the world. we sent in 25 pieces about ukraine and then we will receive 25 pieces from kids all over the world! i just got our art. and i appreciate the thank you on the envelope :)
 most of my lovely ladies from the 5th form
 the 2nd form at the orphanage........i think about 24 students....
 .... compared to the 2nd form at school #2. ...  
 last bell! the lovely 4th formers... moving up to the big time!
 the 9th formers at last bell. you can leave school after 9th or 11th form
 this is puppy dog ( he doesnt speak english dont worry about it) hes my landlady's dog. he might be the sweetest pup ever. he walks me to school, the bus stop, and the shop. he even gives me hugs. 
home sweet home
some lovely flowers i got from students at last bell

and probably the cutest 3 year old ive ever met. a student's little sister. she even calls me ms. elyse. and she gives me her cherry pits. 
may 9th is victory day. the day the soviets beat the nazis. our very own bratslavian veteran!


 my 7th form boys!
 my first time fishing! some of those fishies in there are mine!! 

No comments: